There is no doubt that Alexa as a smart speaker is pretty amazing and it comes with tons of features. Plus, it has the ability to connect with different third-party services to offer you the ultimate service. Among all the services, Alexa allows you to connect to Spotify. As a result, you will be able to play music on your smart speaker using Spotify. But not many know how to connect Spotify to Alexa.
So if the same goes for you, then below are the steps that you have to follow to pair Spotify with Alexa.
How to Connect Spotify to Alexa?
- At first, open Alexa app on your mobile device. Or go to alexa.amazon.com website and log in using your Amazon credentials.
- Then from the navigation menu, choose Music, Video & Books.
- After that, under music, select Spotify.
- Then follow all the onscreen instructions to pair Spotify to Alexa.
Also Read: How to Fix Spotify Keeps Pausing Error?
How To Set Spotify AS Your Preferred Music Service?
Even after pairing up Spotify to Alexa, you may not be able to play music from voice commands. Instead, your Alexa might play music from Amazon Music or any other service.
Hence, if you only use Spotify, then it would be a good idea to set Spotify as your preferred music service. And for this, you will need to follow the below steps:
- First of all, launch the Alexa App on your mobile device or go to alexa.amazon.com.
- Next, from the navigation menu, go to settings.
- Under accounts, choose Music & Media.
- Next, among all the lists of services, select Choose default music services.
- Then select Spotify from the default music library.
That’s it. Once you have set Spotify as your preferred music streaming platform, Alexa will only stream music from Spotify and not from any other services. Also, check out Spotify Premium APK
Voice Commands To Ask Alexa To Play Music from Spotify
Once you have set Spotify as your default music service, whatever song requests you will be making will source from Spotify instead of Amazon Music or other services. And below are some commands that you can use to ask Alexa to play music:
- Alexa Play Pink Floyd – it will make Alexa play songs by Pink Floyd.
- Alexa Play Sunflower by Post Malone – it will play the specific song you have requested.
- Alexa Play The Album Red Pill Blues by Maroon 5 – it will play the music album you have requested.
- Alexa shuffles the playlist study vibes – it will randomly play songs for you.
Also Read: How to Get Spotify Premium For Free?
So that was all about how to connect Spotify to Alexa. Now go ahead and check the steps out and see how they are working for you. Also, if there is anything else you would want to ask, then do feel free to comment below, and I will help you out.