Best and popular CMS is a one-stop solution in creating websites and handling their content. Depends upon what CMS platform you employ, you can get access to many amazing features that you may install by using ‘plugins’ and ‘extensions’. In this post, I’ll try to explain why it is very important to select the best CMS software for your website and how WordPress CMS Development agency makes use of it in an effective way. We will share our top 8 best and popular CMS platforms with a complete comparison.
What’s the CMS Platform?
We all know that WordPress is the widely used CMS platform and is widely used CMS platform and no 1 on our list. WordPress is considered standard for the website that comes with the unlimited functionality and highly enjoyable to work over. Even though WordPress needs modest learning curve, still it is very flexible towards newbies and professionals. The WordPress users will extend the functionality of their website and make it unique with help of several plugins and themes. Many WordPress CMS Development Agency use WP as the primary CMS platform. To start blogging on WP, you have to register the domain name and select web hosting. Then, you will have the website at disposal for customizing this, add content, and more.
- Can access to over 55,000 free themes and plugins
- Complete control on your website
- SEO tools and plugins that helps large community offers great support
- Amazing features each blogger will love: store online, paid membership and forum
Joomla is one popular open source Content Management System that is used by more than 75 million sites. Just like WordPress, even Joomla is free. There are many themes and extensions readily accessible to use. Many people find the Joomla CMS platform fairly simple-to-use, even though they have got zero technical experience, however, it is not an all-in-one option and needs you to do plenty of customization at your end to get the features and functions you normally will have in the premium CMS platform right out-of-box.
On the top of this, Joomla includes multilingual support. It means you do not have to use extensions or plugins to add a few more languages to your site. Lastly, Joomla allows you to use various themes and templates at once, and for different kinds of content.
- Offers advanced user management solutions.
- Offers best support for the custom post types.
- Supports using special templates for every page type.
- Includes the multilingual support.
Drupal is yet another CMS open source platform. It is CMS behind a few major websites, which includes The Economist’s website and many university’s websites too. Drupal is the best option for the developers, and for the people to hire developer. It is good if you are aiming to build the customized website that wants to handle plenty of data. You may host the Drupal website on SiteGround. And they provide free installation and will help you to transfer the current Drupal website.
- Find plenty of modules available to add in your website.
- It’s simple to add content at Drupal. Custom content forms are highly flexible and provide a lot of options.
- User management is simple, with built-in solution where you may create some new roles or specify the permissions.
- Support is accessible through community support options just like other popular platforms such as WordPress and Joomla.
Shopify is all-in-one CMS hosted platform. You will not have to buy any hosting, install software, and manage things such as backups and updates. This has the straightforward drag & drop interface. The website supports the in-store sales that are good if you have the physical store and online one.
- There are many themes and extensions accessible for Shopify. You may buy the third-party Shopify applications that allow you to add all types of functions to your store online.
- You may accept debit and credit cards by Shopify’s integrated payment options, Shopify Payments. Even PayPal is included as Shopify’s payment providers.
- Shopify has got 24/7 support by live chat, phone, email, and Twitter. There are many documentation accessible (that includes written guides or video tutorials) and forums online.
- You do not have to upgrade in case you make over some dollar amount in the sales, just like you will do with the BigCommerce.
TYPO3 is the free and open source Content Management System platform that is around for a very long time. But, it was released originally in the year 1998. It is an enterprise Content Management System that means it is very useful for the intranet websites (or internal company websites) and websites. There are many extensions accessible for TYPO3 that provide extra functionality, as well.
- Because it is open-source, it is easy to extend, if you are keen to hire the developer working for you.
- TYPO3 can easily handle big websites, which includes ones having multiple websites in various languages. It is the good option for the large international firms.
- There are more than 6,000 applications and extensions that you may add in your TYPO3 website to include some new features.
- You may easily modify access rights of various individuals or groups who are working on your website.
Next in our list is ImpressPages and is a known CMS. But, it offers the best blogging experiences that we have seen till now. The editor is clean, and features the modern interface. Also, it allows you add certain elements besides CMSs don’t –without any extensions –like forms and maps. Editing aside, this platform scores very high point over the board for its design and dashboard looks very modern, is simple to use, and offers you with plenty of options to modify your web pages and your website’s functionality.
ImpressPages is the best option if you are looking for the CMS with interface, which does not feel as if it got stuck at last decade. It includes intuitive drag & drop builder, thus creating pages that you want is very simple. On the top of this, you may customize CMS using plugins or themes.
- Includes powerful editor with the advanced functionality.
- Provides modern and simple interface that’s simple to use.
- Offers access to decent selection of themes and plugins.
- Allows you to create content very easily by using drag-and-drop builder.
Contao CMS Platform is the user-friendly and clear content management solution. System features intuitive and multilingual backend as well as clearly-structured layer. Software project pays attention to the compatibility with the web standards, offering barrier-free content online in HTML 5.
- Over 1,400 available extensions at Contao 4
- User-friendly platform with huge range of features and functions
- Online demo
- Two factor authentication
- Multilingual backend
Wix is the most popular CMS network, although it has certain limitations. We get readers asking about how to switch over from Wix to WP that is because everyone that WordPress platform is much better than Wix platform. With this said, Wix is novice friendly and it will be worth considering. This platform offers a free plan, as well. Here is a great reference post about the differences between Wix and WordPress.
- There are many pre-made templates that you may choose in Wix. They are responsive, thus they look good on computers and mobiles.
- You may add plenty of applications to your website from Wix App Market. It works like the WordPress’s plugins and give your website some new features.
- Wix’s drag & drop interface makes this simple to create web pages that look how you want. Also, you can choose any part of the page and begin editing it.
All these CMS platforms for blogging are popular and have unique options to begin the great blog. But, lots of people consider WordPress CMS is a best platform for the blogging. There’re a lot of reasons why lion’s share of the bloggers selects WordPress platform. Mainly because WordPress CMS platform provides the users with fascinating blend design, ease of use, power and expanded flexibility.
Even Wix is popular, but many people migrate from Wix and choose better CMS. If you have any thought of moving your web site to other CMS –begin Free Demo Migration and observe future look of the refreshed blog over the new CMS. Even many WordPress CMS Development agency choose WordPress as their CMS platform.