Undoubtedly, Spotify is the largest audio streaming platform worldwide, providing quality music to over 450million users. On the other hand, Hulu is one of the best streaming services in the U.S., allowing its users to watch many movies and TV Shows. Both platforms work on the subscription model; thus, you must pay them monthly to get their services.
But, if you don’t want to pay for both platforms, there’s a way out. Spotify & Hulu have partnered together to provide this discount offer. So, what is the discount, and How To Get Spotify Hulu Student Discount? Let’s learn in the post.
What is Spotify Hulu Student Discount?
It’ll be a great idea if we look at the discount offer first before moving on to the process of getting it.
If you are a student of any recognized college or university and you are above 18, then you can get the Spotify Premium plan at $4.99/month. Not just this, you get Hulu, and SHOWTIME plans with it too.
You should remember that the Hulu account you get with the student plan is with ads, and once you have purchased the plan, you can’t club it with any other Hulu plans.
How to Get Spotify Hulu Student Discount?
To get a Spotify Hulu student discount, you need to have a Spotify student plan first, and to subscribe to the plan, you need to verify that you are a student.
You may face difficulties if you haven’t taken a student plan on Spotify before. So, to complete the process without any issues, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to https://www.spotify.com/us/student
- Click GET STARTED.
- Log in to your Spotify account using the method you used while signing up.
- On the next screen, enter your details like your name, college, and date of birth and click VERIFY.
- If you are connected to your college WiFi, then SheerID will automatically verify your student status, and you’ll receive a mail regarding the same.
- Now enter your billing information to complete the purchase on Spotify.
If you weren’t connected to your college WiFi, then there is a high chance that your Student ID won’t get verified automatically. If the same happens to you, don’t worry, there’s another manual way to verify you are a student. Also, check out How to Get Spotify Premium For Free?
You can also upload your documents manually on Spotify to verify your identity. You can use documents like your Student ID, Official Enrollment Letter, Current Class Schedule, registration Receipt, Current Transcript, or any other documents showing your name and issue date.
To verify that you are a student manually, follow these steps:
- Again go to Spotify’s student page and click Manually Verify.
- On the next page, enter your details like Email, Name, College, Date of Birth, and Phone Number, and click Next Step.
- Now you must upload any college document you want; so click Choose File.
- Then select any documents from your file.
- You can also provide an additional file in case this file doesn’t get verified.
- Click Upload document.
- If your details are verified, you’ll receive a mail from Spotify, and then you must complete the billing process.
Also Read: How to Fix Spotify Wrapped Not Working?
How to Activate Hulu from your Spotify Account?
Once you activate your Spotify student account, it’s time to activate your Hulu account, and to do that easily; you can follow the steps below.
- First, log in to your Spotify student account.
- Now, click your profile picture.
- Then select Account.
- Open the Account Overview tab.
- Enter the details as asked.
- Spotify will prompt you to activate your Hulu account; click that.
- You’ll get access to your Hulu account on the same Spotify email.
How to switch plans on Hulu?
As said earlier, you only get access to Hulu’s ad-supported version with the Spotify student plan, and to remove ads, you need to purchase any of their plans.
You can keep the same email you used to take the Spotify Hulu account, which will help you keep your profile settings and watch history.
For this, you must deactivate your Hulu account first; just to help you with that, I have shared the process of canceling your Hulu account below.
After you deactivate your Hulu account successfully, go to Hulu’s signup page and re-create an account with the same email.
How to Cancel your Spotify Hulu account?
Suppose you took the Spotify student Hulu subscription and now want to cancel your account. In that case, you can go to your Spotify account page>Account>Account overview>Deativate Hulu. This step will only deactivate your Hulu account and won’t impact your Spotify.
So, this article was all about the Spotify Hulu Discount offer and we’ve gathered all the related information. If you were searching for the same, then I hope you have a clear idea from the post. Still, if you have anything to ask, feel free to drop it in the comments below.