As a discord server manager, one of the top priorities of yours must be keeping the group clean and spam free. You want your server members to talk with others with respect. However, often, server members abuse others and delete their message. So the question is how to view deleted messages on Discord?
Well, if you have the same question in your mind, then I am here to help you out. I will be answering all the questions related to retrieving deleted messages on the Discord server.
Can You See Deleted Discord Messages?
This is one of the common questions that people ask a lot. And Discord itself cleared the doubt by tweeting about it.
According to Discord, there is no option on the Discord server available, which lets you view deleted messages. As it is against the rules of Discord servers.
According to the tweet, deleted direct messages are instant gets wiped from the discord server. And once something is deleted, it is gone for good.
Also Read: How to Fix Discord Awaiting Endpoint Error?
What do you do if the user deleted his/her message on Discord server?
If someone abuses or comments on your Discord server and deletes it before you see it, then there is no way to view deleted message on Discord. Since it is against the rules of Dsicord server. So what can you do in this case? In this case, Discord server has an option to report hateful messages.
Now the question is how to report a user on Discord? Well, here is a detailed answer to this question:
How to Report Someone on Discord?
If you wish to report an abusive behavior on Discord, then there are certain things that you need to do to submit your complaint as a report. Also, you will need to secure three IDs. These IDs are:
- The ID of the user’s name you wish to report.
- The ID of the offensive message.
- The ID of the server where the conversation took place.
In order to avail these IDs, you can follow the below steps:
- At first, go to settings.
- Then click on Appearance.
- Click on the Advanced section.
- Next, you have to turn on the Developer mode.
- Now, look for the abusive message and right-click on the user’s name. Click Copy ID and paste the ID on a text document.
- After that, right click on the message and click copy ID. Also, do paste the ID in a text document for later use.
- Finally, right-click on the server name and click Copy ID. Paste it along with the other two texts.
After collecting, all the IDs, the next step is to report the message. For this, you will need to follow these steps:
- At first, you have to go to https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/requests/new via your preferred browser.
- Then under the What can we help you with the option, select Trust & Safety.
- Next, you have to type your email address.
- Then from the Report type, choose the appropriate subject related to your issue.
- Next, you will need to write a note explaining your complaint and paste all the three IDs.
- Also, if you have a screenshot, use the attachment option to attach it.
- Finally, click on the Submit button once you are done.
Once you have completed the above steps, a complaint will be sent to Discord and they are the ones who will take necessary decisions and actions against the user.
So that was the answer to your How To View Deleted Messages On Discord. Well, I can understand that it is quite unfair that we cannot see deleted messages on Discord. But that’s because of safety and privacy reasons.
Hence, I would recommend that whenever you get any abusive messages, instantly take a screenshot and report it to the Discord support.
Anyway, if you have anything else to ask, then do feel free to drop a comment below, and I will surely help you out.