Roku TV is undoubtedly one of the best Smart TV brands in the United States and also in some other parts of the world. It offers top-notch video quality with incredible features that enhance users’ watching experience.
On the other hand, Spectrum TV is an over-the-top streaming service accessible only to Charter Communications internet consumers. It has a collection of all the cable TV channels and some on-demand content that provides users with a wide range of choices.
But if you have never used Spectrum TV on Roku and don’t know how to download and Install the Spectrum TV app on Roku, this post is for you. Here, I’ll take you through the entire process with an alternative method to access it on Roku with ease.
How To Download and Install Spectrum TV App on Roku?
Spectrum TV is available on the Roku channel store, and installing it on your device is easy. You just need an active internet connection on your Roku device and a Spectrum TV to get started.
However, if you’re unfamiliar with all this stuff, you may face problems doing that. So, to help do that without any issues, it’ll be better for you to follow the steps below:
- First, turn on your Roku TV and connect it to an active internet connection.
- Then, you need to navigate to Roku’s home screen using the remote.
- Now, you’ll see the Roku Channel Store in the top-left corner; select that.
- Afterward, head towards the search tab and enter “Spectrum TV” there.
- It’ll show some results; you just need to select Spectrum TV.
- On the next screen, select the Add Channel option.
- Then, it’ll ask you for confirmation, so simply select OK.
That’s it, Spectrum TV is installed on your Roku TV, and you can go to the Home Screen and scroll down to the bottom to see the Spectrum TV.
But, before you start watching it, you need to set it up, and the steps to do that are as follows:
- First, select the Spectrum TV on your Roku.
- Then, you need to choose Watch TV.
- After that, it’ll ask you to enter your Spectrum TV account’s username and password. You’ll see a virtual keyboard on your screen that you need to use to enter the details accurately.
- Finally, accept the terms and keep following some onscreen prompts to finish the process and start watching all of its content.
Also Read: How to Install Cinema HD On Roku?
Alternative Way To Use Spectrum TV App on Roku
If you don’t want to download and install the Spectrum TV app on Roku, there’s an alternative way to use that. Roku has a Screen Mirroring feature that allows you to share the mobile screen from your phone directly.
These are the steps that you need to follow to do that;
- First, you need to press the Home button on the Roku remote.
- Then, select the Settings option.
- Afterward, highlight Systems and press OK.
- It’ll open up many options; you must locate Screen Mirroring Mode and press OK again.
- Then, select the Screen Mirroring option.
- After that, select the Always allow option when a pop-up message appears.
- On your Android phone, pull down the notification panel and select the Screen Cast option.
- Then, it’ll automatically start searching for nearby devices, and when your Roku device name appears on the screen, click that.
- After that, a pop-up message will appear on the Roku TV screen, and you just need to select Allow.
That’s it; your Phone’s screen will be mirrored to Roku, and whatever you see on your phone will be shared on Roku simultaneously. So, open the Spectrum TV app on your phone, and start playing your favorite content that you want to watch on Roku.
How to uninstall the Spectrum TV app on Roku?
You may want to uninstall the Spectrum TV app from your Roku in the future, and for that, you’ll need to go through a few steps I have shared below.
But if you do that, ensure the Spectrum TV charge isn’t billed to your Roku account. So, you must first Log in to your Roku Account and then open the Manage Your Subscriptions option to check. And if you don’t want to continue with that, you can cancel it directly.
From the Roku Channel lineup
- First, you need to press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Then, you should navigate to Spectrum TV and highlight it.
- After that, press the Star(*) button on your remote to open other options.
- Then, select the Remove channel option.
- Finally, you need to confirm your request when prompted.
From Roku Channel Store
- Press Home on your Roku remote.
- Then, select the Streaming Channels option to open the Store.
- After that, you need to find Spectrum TV on the list and highlight it.
- Then, you need to press the OK button on the remote.
- Finally, select the Remove Channel option and confirm your request.
From Roku Mobile App
- First, you need to open the Roku Mobile app on your device.
- Then, select Channels on the upper navigation tab.
- After that, click on My Channels to see all the channels installed on your device.
- Then, you need to tap and hold on to the Spectrum TV.
- Finally, click Remove and confirm when it prompts a message.
Is Spectrum TV no longer available on Roku?
The developers have updated Spectrum TV, so it doesn’t support outdated Roku devices. It’ll also send you an email mentioning the same. So, you need to upgrade your Roku device to continue watching Spectrum TV.
How much is Spectrum TV on Roku?
Spectrum TV costs $29.99 per month, which is comparably cheaper than any other cable package.
Is the Spectrum TV app available on Android?
Spectrum TV app is free for Android and iOS devices in the respective stores. Also, check out How to Activate BET+ Plus on Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire TV?
So, this was the method to download and install the Spectrum TV app on Roku. You can also opt for the alternative approach I shared above to access it on Roku. Hopefully, this post was helpful to you. If you still have any questions, please let me know in the comments below.