Roku TV is a popular name in the Smart TV market and is available in many countries, including the United States. It has a customizable home screen and a search feature that helps you quickly and easily access your favorite entertainment.
On the other hand, Cinema HD is a platform where you can watch many movies and shows for free and download them to watch them later anytime without an active internet connection.
Cinema HD is a free platform, so its demand is increased. But If you search for Cinema HD on the Roku channel store, you’ll find nothing, as it’s a third-party application available for Android devices.
However, if you want to learn how to install Cinema HD on Roku, you’re at the right place. Here, I’ll quickly take you through the entire process of watching Cinema HD on Roku.
How to Install Cinema HD on Roku?
Unfortunately, you can’t download or Install the Cinema HD app on Roku, but you’ll surely be able to access it using an alternative method. There’s an option available on our Android device named cast screen that helps us to share our mobile screen on other devices.
But, you may find this process tricky if you haven’t used this feature before. However, to help you throughout the process, I have shared a step-by-step guide below that you need to follow.
But before you start following the steps, you should ensure that your Android device and Roku are connected to the same WiFi network; otherwise, you won’t be able to establish a connection between them.
Step 1: Install Cinema HD App on your Android device
Your initial task is installing the Cinema HD app on your Android phone, but if you have never downloaded any application from third-party sources, you’ll surely trouble yourself. So, it’ll be better for you to follow these steps:
- First, open the Chrome browser and search for the Cinema HD APK file. You should also know that Cinema HD is now renamed Cinema APK.
- Then, click on the result and download it on your device.
- Now, tap on the three dots in the top-right corner of your browser.
- Then, select the Downloads option.
- After that, you need to click on the Cinema HD APK file.
- It may ask you to provide permission to install the app from unknown sources, you just need to follow the on-screen prompts to turn the toggle on and install the APK file on your Android device.
Step 2: Allow Screen Mirroring on Roku
Roku TV has a feature of screen mirroring that you need to enable to see your phone screen on it. To do so, you need to follow these steps:
- First, open the Settings page from Roku’s home screen.
- Then, scroll down till you see the “System” option and click on it.
- Now, it’ll display many options; you just need to select Screen Mirroring Mode from there.
- After that, select Screen Mirroring.
- Now, it’ll prompt you to a message seeking permission, so allow it.
Step 3: Screen Mirror From Your Android Phone
Android phones have a screencasting feature that you need to use to mirror the screen. These are the steps for that:
- Pull down the notification panel on your Android device.
- Then, you need to click on the Screen Cast or Cast option.
- Now, it’ll search for nearby devices and show you the name of Roku within some time.
- Then, you need to click on it.
- After that, on your Roku TV, it’ll prompt you to a message where you need to select allow.
Now, you can open the Cinema HD app on your Android phone and play anything, and your phone’s screen will be shared on your Roku device.
Cinema HD Alternatives for Roku
Cinema HD is undoubtedly one of the best platforms for free movies and shows. But there are also some other applications available that you can use for the same purpose. Also, check out How to Install Beachbody on Demand on Roku?
Some of the best Cinema HD alternatives are:
- Viva TV
- Cyberflix TV
Does Roku have the Cinema app?
Sadly, the Cinema app isn’t available for Roku. However, you can install it on your Android device, play any content, and cast the screen to Roku.
How do I download apps on Roku?
First, go to https://channelstore.roku.com/ and log in to your account. Then, you need to search for the app you’re looking for, and after that, click on the Add Channel button to install the app on your Roku device.
How can I install Android apps on Roku?
Sadly, installing Android apps on Roku is impossible as it runs on a different firmware. However, you can select from multiple apps available on the Roku store to install them.
So, screen casting was the only method to use Cinema HD on Roku. Hopefully, you have understood the technique clearly and applied that to you. If you still have any questions, please drop your queries in the comments below.