PayPal is an America-based international fintech company that helps users transfer money worldwide and has also proven to be a great alternative to checks and money orders.
Although many e-commerce platforms use it as a payment method, many, like Amazon, don’t have a direct PayPal button. In this scenario, it’ll be annoying if you have a PayPal balance on your account and want to use it to make purchases on Amazon.
So, users wonder if they can purchase anything on Amazon using it and, if yes, how to use PayPal on Amazon. If you’re also wondering the same, keep reading the post to find the answer.
Can you use PayPal on Amazon?
The straightforward answer to this question is that Amazon doesn’t offer PayPal as a payment option on its platform for your purchases.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t use PayPal on Amazon; you just need to use it indirectly. There are a few genuine methods available that you can apply to use PayPal on Amazon.
How to use PayPal on Amazon?
You have three indirect ways to use PayPal on Amazon, and the best thing is that all are easy to accomplish. I have shared them in detail so you can use them without any issues.
1. Use PayPal Cash Card
A debit card is a PayPal cash card that helps you withdraw your PayPal balance. You can use this card anywhere offline or online where Mastercards are accepted.
If you want to use a PayPal balance on Amazon, you can use the cash card to complete the purchase.
If you don’t have a PayPal cash card, you should first apply for it and to do so, follow these steps:
- First, you need to go to the PayPal prepaid card application page.
- Then, log in to your PayPal account if you’re not directly.
- Now, click the “Order your card” button on the homepage.
- Then, you’ll need to enter your information and address, select the Direct Deposit options, and link your PayPal balance account.
- After that, it’ll show you different types of cards, which you can select according to your needs.
That’s it; after PayPal verifies all of your details, it’ll send you the cash card to your mailing address within 7 to 10 days. Don’t worry if it declines your request, don’t worry; you can apply again after 30 days. Also, check out How To Transfer Money From PayPal To Cash App?
PayPal also offers a debit card for business accounts that does the same thing as a personal account. So, if you have a PayPal business account, you can apply for the card by following the steps below:
- First, navigate to PayPal’s website and log in to your business account.
- Then, you’ll see the “Pay and Get Paid” tab at the top side; click that.
- After that, click the “PayPal Debit Card Mastercard” link under “Wallet.”
- Then, click on “Get Started.”
- Now, provide all the required details.
If you get approval, your card will be delivered to your mailing address within 7-10 days. However, if PayPal doesn’t give you approval, you can reapply after 30 days. Also, check out How to Add PayPal to Apple Pay to Make Any Purchase?
2. Use PayPal Key
PayPal key is a virtual payment method and another best way to use PayPal on Amazon. It also allows you to use PayPal funds or pay directly from your linked debit or credit card.
The best feature of PayPal key is that you don’t need to carry anything as all the details are available virtually in your account. You can use it to purchase in any online store where Mastercard is accepted. So, undoubtedly you’ll be able to use it on Amazon too.
However, this PayPal key feature isn’t available for all users but only for selected ones. So, you should check by logging into your PayPal account, and if you’re eligible, the PayPal key option will pop up. Then you can sign up for it, and after approval, you’ll get the card number, expiry date, and security code that you can use to make any purchase on Amazon.
Method #3 Buy Gift Card Using PayPal
Buying an Amazon gift card using PayPal is another great way to use PayPal on Amazon. Many genuine websites like eGiffter are available where you can purchase Amazon Gift Cards using your PayPal balance.
After purchasing any Amazon Gift Card of any denomination, you can redeem it to your account by following these steps:
- First, go to the Amazon Page and log in to your account.
- Then, you need to click on your displayed name in the top right corner.
- After that, click on your Account.
- Then, head towards the Gift Card section and enter the code to redeem it.
So, these were the three methods that you can apply to use PayPal on Amazon. Hopefully, you have understood each easily. If you still need help throughout the process, please let me know in the comments below.