There are quite a lot of apps that are implementing dark mode to their UIs. For example, we have seen dark mode for Twitter, Dark mode for WhatsApp, and so many other apps. However, there are quite a lot of users who are missing Snapchat Dark Mode or wondering how to enable dark mode in Snapchat.
And if the same goes with you too, then I am here to help you out. In this article, I am going to talk about the steps that you have to follow to enable Snapchat Dark Mode.
Does Snapchat have Dark Mode?
As of now, Snapchat is yet to introduce the dark mode to Snapchat. Also, there is no news or updates from Snapchat yet about the dark mode. So we might have to wait for the official dark mode to arrive at the platform.
However, the good part is that there are some workarounds that you can use to get Snapchat dark mode. And in this article, I am going to talk about them only.
How to use Snapchat Night mode on iOS?
In case if you are using an iPhone, then Nightmare is one of the best ways to use Snapchat night mode. Nightmare is an interface tweak that was released many years ago and it is still available.
However, you cannot download and install the app from Apple App Store. As you will need to jailbreak your iPhone to use the tool. So in case if you already have jailbroken your device, then you can go ahead and follow these below steps:
- At first, launch Cydia and install iFile.
- Then go to open in and select iFile.
- Tap the installer to extract the package.
Once Nightmare is installed on your iPhone, you will need to restart Springboard for it to take effect. Also, after the restart, you can simply choose one of the dark themes, and you are good to go.
Also Check: How to Screenshot On Snapchat Without them Knowing?
How to use Dark Mode In Snapchat on Android?
You can also use Snapchat dark mode on Android devices as well. However, for Android, there is no Nightmare like tools. But there is another way to get dark mode on Snapchat.
Android has this app called Substratum app to use dark mode in any app. Also, the best part is that it is quite easy to install and use. However, your Android device needs to be rooted for the app to work.
So if you have your phone rooted, then go ahead and follow these steps:
- First of all, you will need to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources option. To do so, follow this path: Settings > Security > Lock screen and security > Unknown Sources. (Depending on your phone, the settings might be different.
- After that, go to the Google Play store and search for the Substratum app.
- After that, download and install the app on your device.
- Once done, simply launch the app and choose a theme that you wish to use.
- Then you have to select your device and choose the app for which you want to use night mode.
- Finally, tap on the install button, and you are all done.
So that was how you can use Snapchat dark mode. There is no official dark mode available from the Snapchat yet. But these workarounds work just fine. So go ahead and try these steps out and see how they are working for you. Also, if you have any more questions to ask, then do feel free to comment below.