Amazon is the largest multinational organization in America and is best known for e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.
It also has a service called Amazon Smile that helps users donate money to their preferred NGOs.
If you don’t know how to set up and log in to your Amazon Smile account, you’re missing out on the chance to donate a bit from your purchase. So, this post is for you; here, I’ll share the method to do that in the easiest way possible.
What is Amazon Smile?
Amazon Smile is a medium for all customers to support an NGO whenever they buy anything from Amazon.
The percentage is fixed at 0.5% of your product’s cost. If you buy a product worth $1000, it’ll donate $5 to your selected NGO.
The working process of Amazon Smile is different as you don’t raise funds for an organization, but you share a percentage of your product worth for donation.
If you enable it and buy any eligible product, Amazon will donate 0.5% to your selected organization.
You should also know that if you cancel or return the product, the donated amount won’t be refunded. However, you’ll get the remaining amount for sure.
How to Setup and Login to Amazon Smile Account?
If you’re wondering about Amazon Smile, you must have an account with Amazon. So it’ll be easier for you to set it up. But, if you don’t have an Amazon account, create a new one with your email or phone.
Setting up and logging in to your Amazon Smile account isn’t a tough job. But you may trouble yourself if you’re doing this for the first time. So, to help you with that, I have shared the steps below that you can check to set it up easily.
- First, visit Amazon’s official webpage. https://www.amazon.com
- If you have an Amazon account, use the credentials and log in to your account.
- Enter the OTP received either on your phone or email to sign in.
- Now, on a new tab, open the Amazon smile portal. https://site.amazon.com
- You’ll get a Get Started button on the web page; click that.
- On the next page, you’ll get many options for charity. You just need to select one from the available list, or you can type in manually if you want to donate to a particular NGO.
- After that, it’ll take you to Amazon’s shopping page, and you’ll see Supporting ‘your organization name’ in the top left corner.
These are the steps for the amazon website, but if you use the app and want to use Amazon Smile there, follow this:
- First, download the Amazon shopping app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Log in to your account using your credentials.
- Then, click the hamburger icon (three lines).
- It’ll show you many options; simply select Settings.
- Scroll down till you find AmazonSmile, and click on that.
- Then, click the button to turn on Amazon Smile on your account.
Now, whenever you shop for anything from amazon, it’ll donate 0.5% of the product’s cost to that NGO. But before you do that, check the Amazon Smile logo in the top left corner. If it’s there, it’s active.
You should know that it’ll only donate if your product is eligible for donation, and you can check below the product if it says “Eligible for amazon smile” or not. Also, check out How to Unblock Hulu Outside US?
Another important thing you should note is that it requires you to renew your AmazonSmile donation every six months. If you don’t do that within the given date, your purchases won’t be counted for the donation. The steps are easy and won’t take much time to renew.
Why can’t I log in to my Amazon Smile account?
If you have an Amazon account and using its service but can’t log in to Amazon Smile, then there can be a couple of reasons behind it.
- You’re not in your country: Amazon Smile is available in the United States, United Kingdom, and Germany. If you have made an account using a particular country’s phone number and moved out from there, you won’t be able to access it.
- 2FA is on in your account: If you have turned on two-factor authentication in your account, for security reasons, it’ll only work in the country where the account belongs.
You may face these obvious problems as Amazon focuses on security measures. However, a VPN can help if you log in to your Amazon Smile account if you can’t log in to your account because of the above two reasons.
In this guide, we have explained how to set up and log in to an Amazon Smile account. I shared the steps in simple words so that you can easily understand and apply them. If you encounter any error doing that, don’t forget to let me know in the comments below.