Technology has made available everything at our fingertips so does the banking facilities. Every bank has now developed its app to help their customers ease banking-related work directly through their phones.
With continuous improvement, it is now possible to cash their checks using certain mobile apps. Many apps like Ingo Money help users deposit checks directly to their bank accounts, prepaid cards, or other platforms.
But, Ingo Money has a problem as it charges high fees, up to 5% of your check value, and that’s a concern. If you often cash your checks and want some other platforms with lower fees, then you are at the right place. I’ll share 11 Check Cashing Apps That Don’t Use Ingo for Mobile Deposits.
What is Ingo Money?
Ingo Money is a prominent check-cashing service provider in the U.S., helping users cash their checks quickly. This service is powered by First Century Bank of the United States, popularly known as Chartered Bank.
They offer their services the whole 24 hours all year, 365 days a. So, you can cash your checks whenever you want.
The best part of the service is that you can use their services directly from their application. So, you don’t need to wait in a long queue or visit anywhere. You can cash your checks conveniently directly from your phone.
A national bank controls all the services under the government, so your checks go through verification under them. The banks regulate the money, and after the verification, they send it to you.
Ingo Money is quick in approving checks, as your checks get approved within a few minutes. But, sometimes, verification may take longer than expected as it depends on multiple circumstances.
After Ingo Money completes the verification process, they approve your check. Then you can receive the money in your Bank Account, Prepaid card, PayPal, or even buy an amazon gift card.
How Do Check Cashing Applications Work?
Check Cashing applications help users cash out checks directly from the platform without going to the banks or financial service providers. The main motive of these apps is to ease complex banking problems so that users get benefitted.
After signing up for check cashing applications, you just need to upload a clear picture of the check. Then, their team will verify the details and allow you to cash out directly in your bank account.
If you don’t have a bank account, still you’ll be able to cash out through other modes of payment within a few minutes.
They normally charge a 2% fee for payroll and government-related checks. You need to pay a 5% fee for other types of checks, and the minimum charged amount is $5.
11 Best Check Cashing Apps That Don’t Use Ingo for Mobile Deposits in 2023
Many check cashing apps use Ingo Money because it is the most convenient platform to cash checks remotely. But, if you don’t have a bank account or your bank doesn’t provide that service, you won’t be able to use Ingo money.
Many check cashing apps don’t use ingo, too, so you can cash out from checks without a bank account or even an ID in some apps; I have shared 15 apps below.
1. Brink’s Money Prepaid
It’s the platform for Netspend cardholders to do an account-to-account transaction on their phone by spending a small fee.
It also provides check-cashing services by the first-century bank and other prominent organizations. It’s the best in this segment as it has tight security and approved check requests within a few minutes.
Some of its quality features:
- Quick Approval of your uploaded checks.
- Less fee for receiving money.
- Cashbacks on some spending.
- It has a 4.2-star rating on the play store and a 3.2-star on the Apple store.
Venmo is one of the fast and most secure platforms for sending and receiving money and connecting with friends. But, if you have a Venmo debit card or it has approved your direct deposits, you can use the platform to cash out checks too.
Some of its main features are:
- Up to 3% cash back on some spending categories.
- ATM Withdrawals for free.
- Scan QR Codes to pay at stores.
- Venmo has a 4.1-star rating on the play store and a 4.9-star on the apple store.
3. Anytime Check
This app allows its users to send and receive check payments with ease. It’s mainly created for all small or medium business owners to make check payments easier.
Their advanced technology processes check payments faster, so you don’t need to wait for long to cash out your check. If you own a business, you can use their gateway to securely and easily accept payments through checks.
Some of its key features are:
- Membership plans – Basic Plan(20 checks)- $1.75/check, Pro plan (50 checks)- $1.50/check, Premium Plan(150 checks)-$1.25/check.
- The app has 3.5-star ratings on the play store.
Netspend is one of the best platforms to send or receive money and directly deposit funds to your account. The transactions made from Netspend customer to customer are free, but you need to pay $4.99 for the transactions made through Netspend public agents.
Some of its good features are:
- Use a Netspend card where visa and master cards are accepted.
- Fees are for Government-check and other checks, 1%, and 4%, respectively.
- Netspend currently has 2.6-star ratings on the app store and 4-star ratings on the play store.
5. Flare Account
This is the official mobile app of Metabank so that the customers can manage their accounts directly from their phones.
It also includes check-cashing services offered by the First Century Bank, so you can capture your check and upload it in the app to easily take the cash out.
Some of its important characteristics are:
- Check-cashing fee ranges from 3% to 5%.
- No charge for MetaBank services.
- It has 4.2-star ratings on the play store and 2.8-star on the app store.
6. The Check Cashing Store
This free-to-download and widely available app allow users to deposit checks directly in their bank account. You can also control your spending habits by observing spending on your cards directly through the app.
Some of its keynotes are:
- The fee ranges from 1% to 5%
- Physical storefronts all over the state.
- The app has 2.4-star ratings on the app store and 3-star on the play store.
7. Wells Fargo Mobile
Wells Fargo Mobile is one of the most trusted check-cashing apps helping users deposit different checks. You just need to upload a clear photo of your check’s back and front on the app, and its team will give you approval within a few minutes.
Its main features are:
- No fees.
- Only Wells Fargo customers with good checking and saving accounts are eligible.
- It has a 4.8-star rating on both the play store and the app store.
8. Chase Mobile
Chase Mobile’s QuickDeposit feature allows you to easily deposit checks on the app by uploading a photo using its easy navigable options. After approval, you can directly transfer the amount to your bank account within one day.
Some of its nucleus features are:
- No fees.
- Deposits are available on the next business day.
- It received a 4.4-star rating on the play store and 4.8-star on the App store.
Also Read: 10 Best Ebook Torrent Sites
9. US Bank Mobile Banking
This app offers the trust of the US Bank, so you don’t need to doubt its security. It helps users deposit checks on the app just by uploading their check photo, and the service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Some of the best parts of the app are:
- Zero fees for a check cashing service.
- $225 is available to deposit instantly, and you may have to wait five business days for any greater amount.
- Its ratings are 4.6-star and 4.8 stars on the play store and the app store.
10. Santander Bank US
Santander Bank US has a mobile app to help customers with banking services. But users can also use the app to cash their checks just by following a few simple steps. Also, check out How to Block (& Unblock) Someone On PayPal?
Some of its main focuses are:
- Mobile check deposits don’t require a fee.
- Easily navigable options and on-screen instructions.
- 4.3 star ratings on the play store and 4.7 stars on the App store.
Chime is one of the best financial service-providing companies in America, helping users ease their finance-related work. If you want to cash your checks, you can undoubtedly use the app and easily deposit the amount in your bank.
Some of its good properties are:
- Automatic deposits after one business day if approved
- No fees for cash deposits.
- It has a rating of 4.8 stars on both the play store and the app store.
So there you have it – a list of the 11 best check cashing apps that don’t use ingo for mobile deposits. You can use it to deposit your checks through your phone and transfer the amount directly to your bank account. You can go for any of them or select them based on their ratings or features.