Hulu is one of the prominent streaming services in the U.S., allowing its users to watch television shows and movies. It started in 2007, and since then, it has constantly been improving its services; thus, it has become the first choice to watch television shows and movies.
If we talk about Discord, then it is one of the best communication platforms where users can send videos, voices, and texts to their friends or communities. It is also constantly working to enhance its feature to make them more engaging.
Discord has a feature to share screens or stream directly. Now, the question is How to Stream Hulu on Discord; if you also want to know that you are at the right place, I’ll teach you the step-by-step guide.
How to Stream Hulu on Discord?
You can spend time with your friends by watching movies or series together. But, if you are away from your friends, then you can still do that using the streaming feature of Discord.
Streaming Hulu on Discord is easy, and you must go through a few steps. But, if you haven’t done this before, you find it difficult and face errors. So, to help you accomplish the task without any error or hindrance, I have shared the step-by-step guide.
On PC or Mac:
- First, open Discord on your PC or Mac and log in to your account using your credentials.
- Open any browser, go to Hulu’s website, and log in to your account. Then play the Movie or TV Show you want to stream on Discord.
- After logging in, you’ll see the gear icon on the bottom of your Discord home screen; click that to open settings.
- Then a menu with various options will open on your left side; click on Activity Status.
- Now, on your screen, Discord is displaying a “No game detected” or “Not seeing your game?” message; just below it, you’ll see the Add it button; click that.
- Now a drop-down menu will open, and you’ll find all the apps running in the background; select the browser where you opened Hulu.
- Then, go back to Discord’s home page and select the server where you want to stream Hulu.
- You can stream in two ways: clicking the Stream icon above your username or the small monitor icon below your screen, select any.
- Now, you have to select the server where you want to stream, the browser where you are using Hulu, the resolution, and the frame rates on the pop-up window on your screen.
- After selecting all the above things properly, click Go Live.
- Finally, you’ll see a small preview of the Hulu screen, and all the members of that server will be able to watch your shared screen.
Also Read: How to Get Spotify Hulu Student Discount?
Fix Black Screen Issue While Sharing Hulu Screen On Discord
The feature to stream Hulu on Discord is handy, but sometimes users face problems. Many users have reported that a black screen comes out when streaming Hulu on Discord. This black screen is a serious problem as your server members can’t watch what you are streaming. If you also face the same problem, I got your back; I’ll share a few methods to fix this problem below.
Method#1 Turn Off Hardware Acceleration
Almost every browser has the Hardware Acceleration feature, which allows an application to offload its task to its specialized hardware component. But, sometime, it might interfere with your streaming. So, if you turn it off and try streaming again, that’ll be the best.
The hardware Acceleration feature is available in different places depending on your browser. I have mentioned the steps to turn this off in three browsers.
To turn off the hardware acceleration on your google chrome, follow these steps:
- Open the Chrome browser on your device.
- Click the three dots on the top-right side of your screen.
- Select Settings from the list.
- From the left sidebar, select System.
- On your screen, you’ll see the “Use hardware acceleration when available” option; toggle that off.
- Click the Relaunch button to close and re-open the chrome browser.
On Microsoft Edge
If you use Microsoft Edge then and want to turn off hardware acceleration there, then you can do that with the steps below:
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Then select Settings.
- Now select System from the menu.
- There is an option to “Use hardware acceleration when available” on your screen; toggle it off.
- Restart Microsoft Edge to make it work properly with the new settings.
You can also turn the hardware acceleration off in Firefox using these steps:
- Open Firefox.
- Click the three lines on the top-right corner.
- Click on Settings from the menu.
- You’ll have a list of various options; select General from there.
- Scroll down to the bottom until you find the performance section; under this, you’ll see two options uncheck all.
- Relaunch Firefox so it can work with the new settings properly.
Method#2 Clear Cache Folder On Discord
Suppose you have tried turning off the hardware acceleration and are still facing the same issue. So, it’ll be better if you try clearing Discord’s cache, and you can do that by the steps below.
- First, close Discord if opened.
- Then, on the search bar, type %appdata% and click the folder on the search result.
- Now, you’ll see folders of all the apps installed on your PC; open the Discord folder.
- Inside this folder, find three folders: Cache, Code Cache, and GPUCache; right-click on them and then click Delete.
Also Read: How to Fix Hulu Error Code 301?
Method#3 Turn Off Programs
If you are using many programs in the background, that might interfere in causing the black screen issue. So, turning all the programs off will be better, and try streaming Hulu on Discord again. You can right-click on any program in the taskbar and then select the close window; that’ll turn off all the background work of that particular app.
So, there you have it – a complete guide to streaming Hulu on Discord. We have also discussed how to fix the black screen issue while streaming. If you have read the post carefully, I believe you won’t have any doubts; still, if you have any questions, let me know in the comments.