TikTok is a short video-sharing platform that crossed a billion users in the last few years. Users can record videos, apply filters and effects, and do many more things with this app easily.
You can also save the video you posted in the app in your gallery. But if you want to save the videos without posting, you’re at the right place.
Here, I’ll teach you how to save TikTok videos without posting so that you can download your perfectly edited video without letting others see it.
How to Save TikTok Videos Without Posting?
Saving TikTok videos without posting them isn’t a big deal. You just need to know the correct procedure.
There are currently two methods available for that and both are easy. I have explained each with steps so that you can easily use any.
Method 1. Save TikTok Videos As Draft
The first method to save TikTok videos without posting is to save them as a draft. Making a video allows you to edit or post it quickly and the best part is that only you can watch it.
If you don’t know how to make a draft in TikTok and save it on your device, follow these steps:
- First, ensure your TikTok application is updated to the latest version.
- After that, launch the application.
- Now, you need to create a new video, so click the plus icon located at the bottom of this application’s homepage.
- Then, record your video, and apply filters of your choice so that the video quality increases.
- After making a perfect video click the Tick button at the bottom right corner.
- You’ll also get the option to add stickers, effects, and texts on the next screen. So, do that if you need and click the Next button.
- Now, skip the part about adding hashtags, and mentioning friends as you’re only going to save the video for yourself only.
- Finally, tap the Draft button located beside the Post button at button.
- Your video won’t go live so other users won’t be able to watch the video. But you can watch the video from the draft roll.
- Then, go back to the app’s homepage and click on Profile located at the bottom-right corner.
- After that, click the Drafts folder.
- Now, open the video you created.
- Then, tap on the three horizontal dots.
- Finally, click Save Video to download it to your device.
Method 2. Upload TikTok Videos As Private
The second method to save TikTok videos without posting is by uploading the video as private.
You get three privacy options while posting your videos and if you keep them private no one will be able to watch your video.
The steps are usually as posting the video, but if you don’t know where the exact setting is located, follow these steps:
- First, update your TikTok app from the Play Store or app store.
- Then, open it.
- After it takes you to the homepage, click the plus icon.
- Now, you need to record your video of 3m, the 60s, or 15s, and apply filters to make it look better.
- After recording your video, click the Tick button in the bottom right corner.
- On the next page, you’ll get options to add text, stickers, and effects to your video, use them if you need and click the Next button.
- Then, you can add hashtags, and mention friends on the next page. But you need to look at the bottom for the “Who can watch this video” option and click “Everyone” beside it.
- You’ll get three options on the next screen: Everyone, Friends, and Only Me. Select the last option if you only want to save the video without sharing it with others.
- Now, a pop-up window will appear on your screen seeking confirmation about making the video private. You need to click the Confirm button.
- Finally, tap the Post button and your video will be uploaded to your profile, but none can watch that.
- Now go to your profile from TikTok’s homepage and check the video you just uploaded.
- Then, click the three dots.
- After that, tap Save Video and it’ll be downloaded to your device.
How to save a TikTok video in my gallery?
First, open the video you want to download and then click the arrow icon after that click Save Video.
Do TikTok drafts stay forever?
TikTok drafts stay until you uninstall the app from your device. If you’re logged in using the same account on multiple devices then the draft will only be available on the device you created the video.
How to save TikTok videos without a watermark?
There’s no direct method available for that. But after saving the video on your device you can open it using the photos app. Then, click the edit button in the top-right corner after that select Crop. Zoom in so that the watermark isn’t visible and then click Done.
So, these were the two methods to save TikTok videos without posting. Hopefully, you have understood them clearly. If you still have any questions, let me know in the comments below.