Instagram emerged as one of the growing social media platforms and soon got acquired by Facebook. It now has more than 1 billion monthly active users and the number is rapidly increasing. The best thing about Instagram is its stories and the creative freedom it provides to its users.
Sometimes, we want to download Instagram stories, but there are only a few methods to do so. Instagram beta now sends a notification to the person if you take screenshots of their stories. But there are several ways how to screenshot Instagram stories without them knowing.
How does this beta feature work?
Instagram is working on to protect the user’s privacy and this is just a small teaser. This new beta feature works in such a way to when you try to screenshot of someone’s story for the first time, it will inform you that the app will send the user a notification informing that you have taken a screenshot of their story.
How To Screenshot Instagram Stories Without Them Knowing?
Instagram is testing a lot of features, recently it has started rolling out a feature update in which the count of likes and views has been removed. Some previous updates also introduced features like restrict, stickers in chats and also removed the “following tab”.
The most recent feature that is still in beta mode, sends users a notification if someone takes a screenshot of their stories, and nothing can be more embarrassing than your crush asking you why you took a screenshot of her recent Instagram story. Earlier, we have already discussed the several ways to screenshot Snapchat without letting know
But, we are here to help you out, as we have cracked down various methods to take a screenshot of Instagram stories without letting them know. So, just scroll down and see which method works the best for you.
Method 1: Airplane Mode
A trick Snapchat users must be familiar with, which has now been blocked, this method works on Instagram and we have tested it before adding it here.
- Launch Instagram
- Load the story you want to take a screenshot of and exit the story mode.
- Turn on Airplane mode in your device, the cellular data will be turned off automatically including the Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi.
- Now, open Instagram once again and take the screenshot of the story.
- Make sure you remove the app from the recent menu before turning off the airplane mode.
Method 2: IG story browser Extension
This method requires you to have a pc or a laptop.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser
- Go to Apps > Web Store > Search for Chrome Ig story >> Download the extension by Alec Garcia
- If you couldn’t find the extension, Click here to download it.
- With this plugin, you can also download the IG stories.
Also Read: How to Fast Forward and Rewind Instagram Stories?
Method 3: Story Saver Apps on The Google Play Store
The story saver app is the best method to save Instagram stories without getting caught. All you have to do is download the app and save the stories that you want. Follow the instruction below and save your favorite stories.
- Go to this link to download the Story saver app for your android device.
- Launch the application
- Log in to the app using your Instagram account or facebook account.
- Save your favorite stories and posts in a few taps.
- That’s all you have to do to save stories without letting them know.
Method 4: Use Instagram Website
This method is again for PC users, but you can try it on your android device too. In this method, you will have to log in to your Instagram account on its official website.
- Go to instagram.com
- Sign in using your credentials.
- Tap on the stories you want to capture.
- Now quickly press [Windows Key] + [Print Screen Button] to take a screenshot of the page.
- The screenshot will be saved in This PC/Pictures/Screenshots.
- You can now crop the picture and save a clean version of it.
However, this method works only for picture stories, but still a better way to take save pictures or text stories.
So, these methods are the working methods for “How to Screenshot Instagram Stories Without Them Knowing” and maybe Instagram will work on to block these methods after rolling out the feature for everyone. We suggest you not take a screenshot of someone’s story without their consent, this article was just for educational purposes.