Apple TV is one of the best TVs in the market developed by Apple Inc and is known for providing a quality media experience to its users. Users can easily watch their desired shows and movies on it after signing in.
But, sometimes Apple TV shows errors, and one of the most common is “Could Not Sign In.” If you are also facing the same issue, then you’ll know How To Fix When Apple TV Stuck and Could Not Sign In error below the post.
How To Fix When Apple TV Stuck and Could Not Sign In?
We can’t pinpoint the exact solution for “Apple TV Couldn’t sign in error,” but we can try a few methods. I have listed some ways to fix them easily, and you can try doing them all individually.
Fix#1 Re-pair TV Remote
The first thing you can do to fix the problem is to unpair and re-pair your Apple TV remote. We can’t assure you that this method will fix your problem, but there are some possibilities.
- To unpair your Apple TV remote, press & hold the menu and left arrow (<) button for 6 seconds, and then you’ll see a remote unlink logo on your Apple TV.
- To pair the remote again, hold your remote near three inches to your Apple TV and press & hold the menu & right arrow(>) buttons together for 6 seconds, and a logo of the remote link will appear on your Apple TV screen.
Fix#2 Restart Apple TV
If the above method didn’t work for you, then you can try restarting your Apple TV, and to do that, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Settings option on your Apple TV.
- Then, select General.
- Finally, select Restart.
Fix#3 Enter Verification Code & Password
Sometimes Apple TV fails to recognize your password, so you can enter the verification code and password together to fix the issue.
- On the login page, enter your password but ensure you don’t select sign in.
- Now, on your iPhone or iPad, open Settings.
- Then tap iCloud.
- Now, tap Your iCloud.
- Then, select Password & Security from the list.
- Now, click on Get Verification Code and note the code.
- Finally, on your Apple TV, enter the verification code with the password; suppose your password is 9712345 and the verification code you got is 654321, then enter that as 9712345654321 and click Sign in.
Fix#4 Disable 2FA
Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security on your Apple TV but can also be the culprit behind the “couldn’t sign in” problem. It’ll be better if you try signing in again after disabling 2FA.
- On your iPhone, open Settings and click on your Apple ID.
- Then, select Password & Security.
- Now, you’ll see a 2-factor authentication feature; toggle that off.
Also Read: How To Get Apple TV+ Subscription for Free?
Fix#5 Reset Apple TV
If you have mistakenly made some changes to the settings of your Apple TV, then it might be causing the problem. No worries, you can reset your Apple TV to restore all the settings to default.
- On your Apple TV, open Settings.
- Select System.
- Finally, select Reset from the menu that opens on your screen.
Fix#6 Restore Apple TV with iTunes
If any of the above solutions don’t work for you, then the last thing you can do is restore your Apple TV with iTunes. But, there is a problem you’ll lose all of your data in this method, so it’ll be better if you take a backup before trying the method out.
- First, ensure you unplug the power and HDMI cables from your Apple TV.
- Then, open iTunes on your PC; you should ensure it is the latest version.
- If you are using 3rd and 4th generation Apple TV, plug the power cable back in, and for other generations, leave it as it is.
- On your PC, it’ll take some time to recognize your Apple TV on iTunes.
- Once you see a summary page on your screen, click Restore Apple TV.
- It’ll take some time to complete the process; disconnect your Apple TV from your computer and plug the power cable back in.
So, these were some ways to fix the “Apple TV could not sign in” issue, and I hope you have successfully fixed the problem. Don’t forget to mention the method that worked for you in the comments.