Mobile App Development Cost: Deep Dive Guide


Developing a mobile app has become as easy as ever today. People are consistently focusing on creating more unique apps, and how much does it cost to make an app? Today, even big companies like Google and other engineering companies train their interns to create mobile apps and become hands-down. So, the popularity for it only seems to grow.

In this article, we will briefly discuss the basic principles of pricing in mobile app development. But if you want to know much more details and nuances, we recommend you to read the article on TopFlight Apps’ blog about mobile app development cost. It will reveal a lot of valuable information. Well, we’re back to our theme. Enjoy reading it.

mobile app development cost

How Much Does It Cost To Make An App?

Generally, creating an app is an elaborate process. Lots of things have to be taken into account to make sure it grows in the right order. Every feature and benefit needs to be curated properly. So, it would help if you focused on mobile app development cost breakdown. Usually, the cost of mobile app development can be anything between $5,000 to $500,000. The cost highly depends on what type of features and benefits you are looking to incorporate into it.

Recent sources suggest that nearly 80% of mobile apps take 3+ months to develop. Also, 75% of companies spend over $250,000 on mobility solutions. On the other hand, the remaining 25% spend over nearly $1.5 million. Such statistics are highly astonishing and also showcase the importance of average cost to develop an app. But if we think of this realistically, it does not require anything more than $15,000 to $25,000. On the other hand, medium-complexity apps may range from $40,000 to $100,000. So, it would help if you kept an eye out for how much you could spend in the long run.

Depth Into The Cost To Build An App

  • In the U.S., generally, the rate as per hours for mid-level mobile developers may range from $70 to $100. But you can expect senior-level developers to charge more. They may go up to asking for $120 to $200 per hour. So, you can choose as per the budget and preference that you may have in mind. This is the cost of creating an app.
  • In Central Europe, the rates may be cheaper to hire an app developer. The mid-level developers may charge nearly $35 to $60 per hour.
  • If you are looking for a U.S. iOS developer, they may ask for a rate of $106 to $125k per year. But if you scout for the most experienced, top-class developers at their job, you can expect the payment to be double. So, you have to choose one accordingly.
  • If you want to get your hands on Android developers in the USA, you may have to pay them anything between $98K and $126K on average. This can be highly expensive, and only the most profitable businesses can scout for them. So, consider your budget before you want to work with them.
  • If you are targeting the U.K., the rates may be quite low. Generally, you can expect developers to cost anything between $82K to $90K per year, and the hourly rate may be $93. This may be for the iOS developers. If you want to work with an Android developer, the charges may be quite less.

The Bottom Line

If you want to know how much does it cost to make an app, this article is all you need. Make sure you read it thoroughly and opt for it again if you think you need to know about the costs in detail. So, why keep waiting? Could you make the most of it while you have time?


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here