Whenever you install the Avast Antivirus, Avast Browser is something that gets installed on your computer. However, Avast Browser is one of the best browsers available out there, which has a focus on privacy and security. But there are quite a lot of users who hate how the browsers get launched on the startup. So the question is How To Stop Avast Browser From Opening On Startup?
Well, in this article, I will be answering this question only. I will be sharing a step by step guide which will help you to block Avast browser from opening on startup. And it will only get launched when you launch it by yourself.
Sounds cool? So let’s just head into the topic without wasting much of the time:
How To Stop Avast Browser From Opening On Startup?
To disable Avast Browser from opening up on startup, you can use the startup menu available in the task manager. It is the easiest option to control apps which must open up on the startup, which app should not.
Getting started with the option is also pretty easy. And you can do it by following the below steps:
- At first, press CTRL + ALT + Delete button from your keyboard.
- Then select Task Manager.
- Then click on the More details option located below the right corner.
- Then go to the startup tab.
- Over here, you will get to see Avast Browser. Simply right click on and click on Disable.
That’s it. Once you disable the Avast browser from here, it will no longer open up in the startup. Also, by following the very same steps, you will be able to enable Avast browser in case if you ever need a feel to do so.
How To Uninstall Avast Browser Using Control Panel?
Some users may not feel a need of the Avast browser. Like most of us prefers other browsers like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. So in such a case, you can consider the uninstalling Avast browser. To do so, you will need to follow these steps:
- First of all, click on the Windows icon and type down the control panel in the Windows search bar.
- Then click on Programs and Features.
- Next, you will get to see a list of installed programs on your Windows computer.
- Simply select Avast browser from the list.
- Right click on it and hit the uninstall button.
- Next, wait for a while and follow all the screen instructions, and the browser will get uninstalled from your computer.
Disabling Startup Option Via Avast Browser Settings
You can also disable startup options via the Avast browser settings. Using browser settings are also pretty simple. And you can disable Avast browser from opening on Startup by following these below steps:
- At first launch the Avast Secure Browser from your computer.
- Then click on the three vertical dots or hamburger icon from the top right corner.
- Go to settings.
- Then scroll down, and you will find Startup.
- Then look for the Launch Avast Secure Browser automatically when your computer starts and disable the toggle beside it.
- Once you are done completing these steps, Avast browser will no longer open up in the Startup.
So that was all for your question How To Stop Avast Browser From Opening On Startup. Now go ahead and try to follow the above mentioned steps and see if it is working for you or not. Also, if you have any more questions to ask, then do feel free to comment below.