With the maximum market share, Netflix is the largest OTT platform worldwide, providing users with a great video streaming experience. It regularly publishes new movies and series to attract new users and provide content to existing ones.
On the other hand, Discord is a communication app that you can use to share voice, video, and text with your friends and communities. Although gamers normally use Discord, it has millions of users worldwide as it is the best way to connect with various communities.
Discord has multiple features, and integration with other platforms is one of them. The app allows you to stream Netflix on your server. But, How to Stream Netflix On Discord? We will discuss in this article.
How to Stream Netflix On Discord?
Discord is available for both computer and mobile devices, and Discord allows you to stream Netflix on both platforms. I have shared the method of doing the task on both platforms below, and you can refer to the part you use.
On PC or Mac
If you use your Discord app on your PC or Mac and want to stream Netflix there, then follow these steps:
- Open discord on your PC or Mac and log in to your account using your credentials.
- Now, open Netflix’s website on any browser and log in to your account.
- Select a server on Discord where you want to stream Netflix.
- Click the User Settings on the bottom left side of your screen on the Discord app.
- A menu will open on your left side, select Activity Status from the list.
- Then, you’ll see an option: “No game detected” or “Not seeing your game?” message; just under this, there’s a button Add it; click that.
- Now, a drop-down menu will open; select the browser where you logged into your Netflix account.
- Then, you’ll see the Netflix name highlighted in green.
- Now, go back to the server where you want to stream Netflix.
- You’ll see “Netflix-’Browser Name’” below your screen; beside it is a small monitor icon; click on that.
- Then, a pop-up menu will open; you need to select the browser where you are using Netflix, the channel where you want Netflix to be streamed, the resolution, and the frame rate. Select all these settings accordingly and click Go Live.
- After the above step, a preview of Netflix’s shared screen will appear on your screen.
- Finally, every member of the server you chose earlier will be able to see your Netflix stream.
Most of Discord’s users use it on their phones; if you are one of them and want to stream Netflix on the Discord mobile app, then follow the steps below:
- Open Discord and Netflix on your phone and log in to your account using credentials, respectively.
- Select the server or voice channel where you want to stream Netflix on Discord.
- You’ll see a Join Voice button below your screen; tap on that.
- Then swipe up your screen from the bottom side of your phone’s screen, and a menu of three options will open; tap on the Screen Share option.
- Now, open your Netflix app and play the movie or series you want to stream.
- Finally, after the above steps, each member of your server will be able to watch your shared Netflix screen.
Also Read: How to Stream Hulu on Discord?
How to fix black screen and audio issues when streaming Netflix on Discord?
You now know How to Stream Netflix On Discord, but you may face problems like many other users. Users’ shared Netflix screen goes black, and audio isn’t available too. If you are also facing the same issue, you should try fixing it. To help you overcome these issues, I have shared a couple of fixes below, and I believe that’ll be helpful for you.
Fix#1: Disable Hardware Acceleration
Hardware Acceleration is when an application offloads its tasks to specialized hardware components. If this feature is turned on in your Discord or browser, it may cause a black screen and no audio error while streaming Netflix on Discord. So, it’ll be better to disable the feature and try streaming again.
The steps to turn off the Hardware Acceleration on Discord are:
- Open the Discord app.
- On the bottom side of your screen, there’s a Settings icon; click that.
- Then, Click on Advanced from the options you see on your screen.
- Now, you’ll see an option that says Hardware Acceleration; toggle that off.
- Discord will prompt a message saying that your request is confirmed, and the Discord will restart; click Okay to confirm.
Almost every browser has the Hardware Acceleration feature; you can go to your browser’s settings to turn it off. If you are a chrome or firefox user, you can easily check the steps below to accomplish the task.
For Chrome Users:
- First, open your browser and click the three-dots icon on the top-right corner.
- Then, a list of various options will open; click on Settings from the list.
- Now, you’ll see many options on the left side; select System from the menu.
- Then, you’ll see the “Use hardware acceleration when available” option; toggle that off.
- Finally, click the Relaunch button to let chrome save changes and open with new settings.
For Firefox Users:
- Open Firefox on your device.
- Then click the three-line icon on the top-right corner.
- A menu will open; select Settings from there.
- On the left side of your screen, click General.
- Scroll down till you find the performance section; under this, you’ll see two options, uncheck both.
- Finally, relaunch Firefox.
Fix#2: Run As Administrator
Another solution you can try to fix the issue is to run the app as an administrator, and to do that; you can follow these steps:
- Open the Windows start menu and search for Discord.
- Right-click on the search result that shows the Discord app, or you can directly right-click on the desktop app logo available on your desktop screen.
- Finally, select Run as Administrator.
So, this was the guide on how to stream Netflix on Discord. We have also explained the steps to fix the black screen and no audio issue. I hope this post can clear all your queries; if you still have any questions, drop them in the comments below.