Wondering how to delete Mi Account from your Xiaomi device? If yes then keep reading on as we are going to discuss the same inside this article.
The renowned company Xiaomi has launched many services recently. MI accounts service is one of them. It resembles features like Google’s Gmail service. The user can create an account for free and can use the account to avail benefits and further services. The account benefits mostly include access to the Mi Cloud, Data Sync, Phone Finder, Shopping on Mi.com, MIUI Forum, Mi Flash Sales, Mi Themes, Mi Games, Bootloader Unlocking, and much more.
The users who own Xiaomi smartphones are more likely to have an MI account. However, a person with no Xiaomi phone can also make an account using the same method. The account can be used to access the store and it also provides mobile access to the account holder.
Xiaomi itself says that any user who uses their service has full right to cancel or pause their account usage whenever and wherever they want. Below is a statement is given which is extracted from Xiaomi’s official website. It states that:
If in any situation, you want to delete or remove Mi account from your device, here is a quick guide to show you how it is done. Here, we will show you how to remove an MI account from any device. You must also check out Android Multi Tools
How to Remove Mi Account?
If you do not want to delete your existing MI account, but only want to remove it from a particular MI device, you can follow the below given steps. Follow these steps carefully or you could end up in trouble.
- Go to the Settings panel of your smartphone device. It can be generally accessed from the Main Menu or the notifications panel.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom and search for an option named “MI Account”. Tap to proceed further.
- Now, information and various details related to your existing MI account will be displayed here. To remove the account from the phone, just select “Sign Out” from this device.
- Usually, the user is asked for his/her password before attempting to remove the account from the device. Just enter your password and you’ll be logged out successfully.
For users who want to delete their MI Account completely and wipe all their details with it, the next section provides you a detailed step-by-step guide to delete an Mi Account successfully without facing any problem in the middle.
Also Read: Fix “To Allow Access Please Respond On Your iPhone”
How to Delete Mi Account?
If you want to delete your Mi Account forever, follow the given steps carefully to avoid any issue.
- Visit the MI Account Deletion Page through your internet browser. Link: https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/del
- You will be prompted to enter your ID and password to access the account. Just enter the credentials and select “Sign In” to proceed further.
- When you have successfully logged in to your account, a pop up will appear asking you whether you want to delete your Mi Account or not. Select Yes and click on “Delete Mi Account”.
- To prevent unattended access, the website will ask you for your Email verification to confirm that it is the real account owner who wants to make such changes.
- You can either receive a One Time Password on your mobile number or your Email ID. Opting for any option in this step is completely up to you.
- Enter the One Time Password that you just received in the prescribed field and select “Submit”.
- Select the “Delete My Account” option to delete your MI account permanently.
Must Read: How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently in 2020?
: Deleting one’s MI Account will permanently wipe all the data related to the account. All the data related to your Xiaomi account such as Mi Credits, passwords, Mi-Cloud data (photos, contacts, app data, etc.) will be permanently deleted and can not be restored again.
Account deletion is an important step and requires user care because of its strict rules. All the data just vanishes when you delete an account. So, one must choose to delete Mi account with care, keeping in mind, all the consequences, and situations.