ChatGPT is an Artificial-Intelligence based chatbot from OpenAI and is currently the most trending subject on the internet. It has been created in GPT 3.5 and GPT 4 families of Large Language Models and developed a self-learning technique using supervised and reinforcement techniques.
This chatbot is undoubtedly proven itself as the best that helps users with answers to their queries. They have been using it to gather information, write copy, and emails, provide codes, translate the natural language to code, etc.
But after many queries, the interface looks messy, and difficult for users to find the essential chats. Thankfully, ChatGPT can delete conversations to make them look clean like before.
Many users also think about not continuing with ChatGPT anymore for various reasons. In that case, deactivating or deleting the ChatGPT account will be the best choice.
You’re at the right place if you don’t know how to delete ChatGPT history and account. Here, I’ll guide you through the methods so you can do that effortlessly.
How to Delete ChatGPT History?
Deleting ChatGPT history will again provide a neat and clean interface like before. ChatGPT allows users to delete any specific conversation and their entire search history.
I have listed both methods with proper steps that you can use according to your needs. Also, check out How To Fix Global Rate Limit Exceeded On OpenAI?
Delete Particular Conversation
This practice will be helpful if you want to keep some beneficial query results and only remove the unnecessary ones.
These are the steps to do that:
- First, open any browser and head toward ChatGPT’s official website.
- Then, you need to log in to your account using the credentials you used while signing up.
- After successful sign-in, it’ll show the conversations list in the left panel, and you need to click on the Bin icon beside it to delete it.
- Then, confirm your request by clicking on the Tick icon.
Delete All History
If you want to delete all your history at once, then you can use this method, and for that, you’ll need to go through the following steps.
- After logging in to your ChatGPT account, click the “Clear Conversations” option at the bottom of the left panel.
- Now, click “Confirm clear conversations” to remove all the history.
How to Delete ChatGPT Account?
If you have created a ChatGPT account through OpenAI, then deleting it will also delete everything associated with OpenAI. So, before moving on to the methods, you need to ensure no active service is there.
Two easy ways are there to delete a ChatGPT account; one is through the website, and another one is by mailing them. The first one is quick and easy, but the latter takes time.
However, to help you in the entire process, I have provided a step-by-step guide below, and you can go for any. Also, check out How to Delete Netflix User Profile?
Delete ChatGPT Account Using Web
- First, visit https://platform.openai.com/ and ensure you’re signed in to your account.
- Then, you need to click on Help in the upper right corner.
- After that, click on the Message option at the bottom sidebar, followed by “Send us a message.”
- Then, it’ll open new options, and you must select Account Deletion.
- After that, select the “Delete My Account” option.
- It’ll ask you for confirmation, so choose “Yes, delete my account.”
- That’s it; your account deletion request is successful, and ChatGPT will start the process.
Delete ChatGPT Account By Mailing
- First, open your mailbox of the account associated with ChatGPT.
- Then, you need to type in [email protected] in the recipient field.
- Now, write in the subject as Regarding Account Deletion.
- Then, type in something about why you want to delete your account and send it.
Once you submit your request for account deletion, the concerned team will verify your request and send you a confirmation mail at your mailing address. You may need to wait up to two weeks for your account to be deleted successfully.
Does ChatGPT save deleted chats?
Once you delete the chats, they’ll also be removed from their end, and there’s no chance of recovering them.
How to remove my number from my ChatGPT account?
No method is available to remove the registered number from the ChatGPT account. But you can delete your account by mailing them to [email protected] and writing down your concern.
Is ChatGPT Confidential?
ChatGPT automatically stores and saves what a user says as part of its learning process, so it isn’t confidential.
How much can ChatGPT write?
As stated by OpenAI, it can write up to 3000 words in the current conversation, and after that, users will need to create a new chat.
Is there any ChatGPT app for mobile devices?
Currently, ChatGPT has no mobile app, but users can easily access it from any phone browser.
So, this was the process to delete ChatGPT history and account. Hopefully, you have understood the steps easily. If you still have anything more to know, please let me know in the comments below.